Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Yeah for me!!







Unbelievable! I did a project WITHOUT my Mom! Mom aren't you proud of me! We needed some last minute "table decorations" for our Women's Enrichment Kickoff. So Jodi and I set out Friday to go to Hobby Lobby! The event was to take place the next day and we needed 12 settings. My creative juices started to flow when we walked in the door of Hobby Lobby! Didn't know any creative juices existed in me! So we started the project on Friday night about 8:45 pm and Jodi was falling asleep so I sent her home at 10:30! Well if any of you know me...you know I'm a night owl & I put things off until the very last minute! I say I work better under pressure! I stayed up until 2:30am to put the finishing touches on them! We used them as table decorations with bowls of water & floating candles in them but they are really wall hangings! So we did the ol' sticker on the bottom of the winning chair trick! It was a lot of fun! We had a fun evening with lots of good food and fellowship! We had a guest speaker and she did an amazing job! She even tried to tell me that she "wasn't" a public speaker! You sure couldn't tell it that night. The evening was saying YES to God! That's a hard one sometimes especially when you know blessings come from obedience! DUH! One verse that is fitting for this is:


Philippians 2:13

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.


Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!

Amy


0 comments: